3 WAYS FRANCHISEES CAN USE TWITTER TO CREATE AWARENESS
Dedicating time and effort to grow your twitter presence for awareness, loyalty and sales can be a little challenging. Finding the time, right words and developing a successful campaign is easier said than done.
Here are 3 quick tips and strategies that you can use to boost your business’ visibility on Twitter.
Including pictures in your Tweets will help your business to stand out. Use pictures to tell the story about your business. This could include specials, behind the scenes photos, or pictures that customers took of their meal. Uploading pictures to Twitter is quick and easy.
To post a photo in a Tweet:
1. From the web or an iOS device, click or tap the compose new Tweet button . From an Android device, tap on What’s happening?
2. From the web, click Add photo. From a device, tap the camera icon to take a photo, or choose a photo from your gallery.
3. Once a photo is selected, you will see a thumbnail image (or file name) appear as an attachment. You can select up to 4 images to tweet at once. Editing a photo? If you are tweeting from the Twitter for iOS or Twitter for Android app, you can enhance, apply a filter, and crop an image once you select it. Tagging people with a photo? Tap Who’s in this photo? to tag people. Type in a full name or an @ username and then tap Done.
4. Type your message and tap Tweet to post your message and photo(s). Your Tweet’s character count will update to include the pic.twitter.com URL for your photo(s).
(Definition: The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet. It was created organically by Twitter users as a way to categorize messages.)
Use relevant hashtags to improve the visibility of your tweets. Do not over use or use too many hashtags. It’s best to use hashtags explicitly when they’re going to add value, rather than on every word in an update.
1. Use the hashtag symbol # before a relevant keyword or phrase (no spaces) in your Tweet to categorize those Tweets and help them show more easily in Twitter Search.
2.Clicking on a hashtagged word in any message shows you all other Tweets marked with that keyword.
3.Hashtags can occur anywhere in the Tweet – at the beginning, middle, or end.
4.Hashtagged words that become very popular are often Trending Topics.
Use a combination of Promoted Accounts to acquire new followers as well as Promoted Tweets to increase awareness and drive engagement.
Be Creative - Think about how you can appeal to people’s emotions so they’ll feel inspired to share your content.
- Experiment - Test different messaging and targeting to see what works for your business.
- Engage your audience - Interact with people in a way that is timely, responsive and friendly.
Taking advantage of the tips above will take time, dedication and consistency to make a positive and successful impact.
Andre Kay is CEO and chief marketing officer of Sociallybuzz, which exists to help franchise owners grow their business using social media. By helping them reach relevant customers, build customer loyalty, mange reputation and increase revenue. We protect relationship with their customer, create effective campaigns, manage their social channels and online reputation 24/7.