INTRODUCTION TO SNAPCHAT FOR FRANCHISES
Snapchat is one app with several functions. People use it to communicate one-to-one, one-to-few, and one-to-all. they share moments, not just pretty pictures, through stills and videos with added captions, doodles, or
filters to make them even more fun and personal.
If your target audience is age 13-25, here are some important ways you can use Snapchat to connect with those customers.
First, you will need to know the definition to some very specific Snapchat terms:
1) SnapS: A 1-10 second photo or video sent to one or a few friends that disappears after viewing.
2) Story: Snaps threaded together to create a flipbook of moments for all your friends to see. Each individual Snap lives for 24 hours before it disappears. There is no limit to the number of Snaps you can add to your Story, and no rules for what you post. Anything goes.
3) Chat: One-to-one conversation with text and images.
4) Here: Real-time face-to-face video chat.
5) our Story: A location-based collaborative Story that doesn’t just cover a live event; it throws a viewer into the experience itself.
How to get started:
Create a Business account:
1) Enter your email, create a password and enter your actual birthday
2) Skip verifying your phone number
Stories are a blank canvas, so have fun, experiment, and see what works.
Here are a few tips:
• Make it personal
• Make it exclusive
• Promo codes
• Offer exclusive deals
• Reward current customers
• Giveaways to attract new customers
• Showcase special events
Create a successful contest:
1) Spread the word: Use your other social channels to get your customers to follow you by offering them a deal they cannot refuse.
2) Customize your deals: Don’t send everyone the same deal, maybe send 25 percent a special offer, 35 percent a promo code and 40 percent exclusive content.
3) Create urgency: Customers physically have to be in the store, in front of the cashier where they can see it. Otherwise it’ll expire. Now that you’ve made a start and got everyone’s attention, you can start sending SnapChats regularly.
Check your stats:
1) tap your story
2) the # next to purple eye = number of views
3) the # next to green arrow = number of screenshots
Franchise brands like Taco Bell, McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts are utilizing Snapchat to connect with fans. By using Snapchat just as individuals do, they are connecting in an entirely new way. We recommend experimentation. Learn what it’s like to create, what Stories fans find most compelling, and ultimately, what your Snapchat voice is.
Andre Kay is CEO and chief marketing officer of Sociallybuzz, which exists to help franchise owners grow their business using social media. By helping them reach relevant customers, build customer loyalty, mange reputation and increase revenue. We protect relationship with their customer, create effective campaigns, manage their social channels and online reputation 24/7.
Read the company’s blog (http://sociallybuzz.wordpress.com/), follow it on Twitter and “like” its Facebook page.